Thursday, November 10, 2011

Director's Message


Dear Parents,

I am so happy to welcome the fall season to Covenant Presbyterian Preschool – it is my favorite time of year for sure!  I love that the weather finally turns fall-like and maybe a little bit cooler!  There is definitely an excitement in the air and that is largely due to the coming for the holidays – and Thanksgiving in particular.  What a wonderful time of year it is and how special it is to share these times with our preschoolers and teach them about giving thanks.  November brings us closer to our families and reminds us to be thankful for all the gifts we have received from God!

I am thankful for having such professional, creative and motivated teachers here at Covenant.  It is truly remarkable to watch them with your children and observe how they interact with them both when learning and at play.  They are loving, patient, funny and firm all at the same time! The gifts our teachers share with our school each and every day are an inspiration to me.

I am also thankful for our room parents, Parent Advisory team and co-oping parents.  You all are doing a fabulous job in the classrooms and I know your children are happy to have you there.  Your involvement demonstrates to them that you value their day and what is important in their lives.  I cannot express how this preschool just wouldn’t be the same without our parents.  The willingness to cooperate and pitch in whenever needed is apparent every day!  Your participation in their school program now is a great habit to start as it becomes the key to a child’s success in the public school system.

And, I am of course EVER so thankful for the CPP children – they are a joy!  Every day brings a new event and a new experience and being able to share in that is the best part of my job!  These children love coming to school and I am thankful that God has made a place here for them.

Lastly, I am thankful for our “behind-the-scenes” helpers – Jesse Reyes, Rosa Robles and Al Ortega (custodial staff) and Chef Mark Toussaint who make sure we are clean and fed!  Please take a moment to say “thank you” to these folks if you see them.

I am looking forward to the continued cooler weather and to spending more time with my family.  Remember, the preschool will be closed Nov. 21-25 for Thanksgiving.  Enjoy your time with your loved ones and have a safe and peaceful holiday!

With many blessings,

Christy O. Milam

No comments:

Post a Comment